3rd January 2021 Current Affairs for UPSC IAS EXAM
|3rd January 2021 Current Affairs for UPSC IAS EXAM|
International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA)
News: IFSCA has become an associate member of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO).
The IOSCO membership:
1. It will provide a platform to exchange information at the global level on areas of common interests.
2. It will enable the IFSCA to learn from the experiences and best practices of the regulators of other well established financial centres.
3. The first IFSC in India- at the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT).
– Head office in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
– Conducted by Naval Science and Technological Laboratory.
– Sahayak-NG, with a parachute system, is an advanced version of Sahayak Mk I air droppable container.
1. It is capable of carrying critical stores for commercial and fishing ships in emergency and distress at sea.
2. It has a Satellite-based Reporting Termina.
3. Provides its precise GPS location enabling the ship in distress to pick up critical stores.
4. The airworthiness of the system was certified by the Centre for Military Airworthiness & Certification.