Union Public Service Commission will soon release the result of Civil Services (IAS – Indian Administrative Service) Preliminary Examination 2019 on its official website. UPSC Civil exam result is expected to release in few days.
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
- Click on ‘UPSC Civil Services Prelims Result 2019’, given on the home page
- Enter your roll number & date of birth, and click on Submit.
- A PDF file will be appear on your screen
- Check your name
- You can also download the PDF file and take a print out for future use
Start reading newspaper: Current affairs play a major role in both prelims and mains stage. Their relevance can not be overstated. Inculcate this habit and you will thank me later. You can choose b/w The Hindu or Indian Express
Be thorough with Syllabus: Take a print out of the UPSC syllabus. Stick it to the wall of your study room and read it every day. You should know the syllabus topics on your fingertips. This single step will help you immensely to sift through the endless material available in the market. You will be able to remove the wheat from the chaff
NCERTs: Please do not ignore them.You can but you shouldn’t. Start your UPSC journey from these. Read them, make your own notes out of them & revise them. Doing so will ensure that your foundation is rock solid.
Make a time table: A timetable with which you never allow yourself to cheat upon is a must because as distractions pile up, the first thing that goes out of the window is your schedule. Do not give yourself an option to deviate from your path. Make a timetable so that you study at least 10 hours a day. By hours I mean quality, not quantity. For those 10 hours there should be nothing on your mind.
Online resources: Keep Youtube as your trusted friend in this preparation cycle. In today’s age youtube is filled to the brim with quality content relevant to upsc preparation. From geography to sociology, you can find everything online. Do not shy away from using it to your advantage. Do these and you will be all set for your journey to UPSC success
Optional: Begin your optional prep alongside the other subjects. Finish it off before December. Things will be so much easier if you do this.I hope I was able to help.
- Easy questions: Actually aspirants selected in prelims attempt all easy questions with 100 percent accuracy that’s why I multiplied with 2.
- Medium questions: Here aspirants attempt all the questions but accuracy lies between 60 to 80 percent so minimum marks scored after all deduction will be equal to no of questions.
- Difficult questions: Here attempt and accuracy both fall below 50 percent.
Prelims 2018 :
Cutoff approx : 2×17+1×55+(1/3)×28=98
OBC : 92–95
SC/ST: below 85
Final cutoff was approximately same.
Source of this trick : Visionias.in