1st January 2021 Current Affairs for UPSC IAS EXAM
In News: The Union Cabinet approved the export of Akash missile system.
– It is a short-range Surface to Air Missile system.
– It has a range of 25 km.
Developed by DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development programme.
1. Can simultaneously engage multiple targets in all weather conditions.
2. It has a large operational envelope from a low altitude of 30 metres to a maximum of up to 20 km.
Background: It was inducted in 2014 in the Air Force and in 2015 in the Indian Army.
Global Housing Technology Challenge-India
Aim: Providing ecosystem for adoption of innovative technologies in the housing construction sector.
Launched by Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs.
1. Construction Technology India Biennial Expo-cum-Conference.
2. Technologies for Construction of Light House Projects.
3. Identifying Potential Future Technologies for Incubation and Acceleration Support.
4. Use of Affordable Sustainable Housing Accelerators – India (ASHA – India).
Dedicated Freight Corridors (DFC)
In News: Prime Minister has inaugurated a part of Eastern DFC in Uttar Pradesh.
Rooted in 2006
Aim: To generate substantial capacity for freight traffic by developing separate tracks on identified route.
Develop by: DFC Corporation of India Ltd a special purpose vehicle of the railways.
Funded by Japan International Cooperation Agency.
1. It is a broad-gauge railway corridor exclusively for freight transportations.
2. It is from Ludhiana in Punjab to Dankuni in West Bengal.
3. Covers the States of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
1. East-West DFC (Kolkata-Mumbai)
2. North-South DFC (Delhi-Chennai)
3. East Coast DFC (Kharagpur-Vijaywada)
4. Southern DFC (Chennai-Goa).