12th January 2021 Super Short Current Affairs for UPSC Exam.
– Also known as Kepulauan Seribu
– Location: Chain of islands north of Jakarta’s coast, Indonesia.
– There are exactly 110 islands that together form a District.
– It encompasses the Pulau Seribu National Marine Park.
– These islands are initially caused by the volcanoes.
– Later, the shifting of tectonic plates results in group of small islands.
Saguna Rice Technique (SRT)
– This technique will help stop the stubble burning in Punjab and Haryana.
– This zerotill technique is a unique Conservation Agriculture type of cultivation method.
– This method is used to cultivate rice.
– It related with rotation crops without ploughing, puddling and transplanting rice.
– Facilitates planting of crop in predetermined distances enabling precise plant population per unit area.
India’s GDP 2020-2021
– Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation released the First Advance Estimates for the financial year 2020-2021.
– India’s GDP will contract by 7.7% in 2020-21.
– Gross Fixed Capital Formation accounts for close to 28% of India’s GDP.
– Private demand and business demand account for almost 85% of all GDP.
– Private Final Consumption Expenditure constitutes over 56% of the total GDP.