11th January 2021 Super Short Current Affairs for UPSC Exam.
News: India and Mongolia have reviewed bilateral cooperation in hydrocarbons and steel sectors.
1. Timely completion of the Mongol Refinery Project, the country’s 1st oil refinery.
2. Mongolian companies in supplying coking coal to Indian steel industry.
3. Substantial partnerships with Mongolian companies in the areas of minerals, coal and steel.
4. Further share expertise in the oil and gas sector.
South African variant of Coronavirus.
News: Recently WHO has raised a concern over the South African variant of Coronavirus.
1. Named the variant 501Y.V2.
2. Also found in the new strain that the UK.
3. Phylogenetic analysis has shown that 501Y.V2 from South Africa are different virus variants.
– Concerns: Monoclonal antibodies that were effective against SARS-CoV2 are less effective against the South Africa variant.
– India reported a total of 82 persons with new UK mutant strain
– There are no reports on the South African mutant.
Autonomous State in Assam
News: Demand for implementation of article 244A within Assam.
– Autonomous State for the Karbi Anglong region.
– Background: This has been a demand since 1986.
– Current position: The districts are currently governed by two autonomous councils Karbi Anglong and North Cachar hills.
Article 244A: Formation of an autonomous state comprising certain tribal areas in Assam and creation of local legislature or Council of Ministers or both therefore.